Welcome to Calon

Use the buttons below to perform useful tasks and find out more information

Tenant portal & app

As a Calon tenant you can log in to Cadwyn’s Tenant Portal here and make payments via allpay. You can also view a mini statement of your account, report repairs on your property, anti social behaviour and give feedback to us.

You can download Cadwyn’s Tenant App  for Apple or Android here.


You can set up and make payments through allpay’s new Textpay service. Find more information and set up guides here.

Direct debit

You can set up a Direct Debit by downloading the Direct Debit Mandate and send it back to us (197 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 1AJ) so we can arrange all the details with your bank or building society.
You can choose to make payments weekly every Friday or Monthly on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month.


You can call 0330 0416497 to use our AllPay service and make a payment using your debit or credit card 24/7. Please note that you will also need your 19 digit Allpay reference number to make an automated rent payment. If you are unsure what this is or need to order a card then please contact us.

Cash using your allpay swipe card

You can visit any Post Office or any shop displaying the Paypoint sign to make a cash payment using your Allpay Swipe Card.

Cheque or cash

You can visit our office in person to pay by cheque, cash or direct debit or you can send cheque or cash by post to 197 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF24 1AJ.

Standing order

You can set up a Standing Order from your Bank Account (only if none of the Direct Debit Dates are suitable).

You can report a repair using our app here

alternatively you can use the form below:

If you have an issue with anti social behaviour and are a Calon tenant or a neighbour of one you can report this to us by using the form below.

Alternatively if your problem is in relation to a noise complaint you can use the free Noise app and report it to us at Cadwyn. More information can be found here

  • Let us know immediately on 029 2049 8898 or email us info@calon.com when you are leaving your property
  • Return your keys to Cadwyn reception – 197 Newport Road CF24 1AJ – the day your new tenancy starts
  • The property must be left clean and tidy and all belongings removed. You will be charged the removal costs if any possessions are left
  • You will be responsible for the rent and the security of the property until we receive your keys

General information and frequently asked questions

  • Once you have been referred to Calon from Housing Options we will contact you to arrange a property viewing within 24 hours
  • At this viewing you will sign the contracts for your tenancy
  • Please bring the following to the viewing as without these you cannot sign for the property
    • Identification for all occupants (e.g Passport or Driving licence)
    • National Insurance numbers
    • Payslips
    • Proof of income such as Working and Child Tax Credit award
    • 2 months bank statements or any other forms of savings
  • You are required to move into the property the same or following day
  • All properties are let unfurnished, but will have a cooker. Affordable furniture is available at NU Life Furniture.
  • If there is gas at the property this will be turned off for safety. To turn the supply on you will need to register your account with your utility providers and ensure that there is at least £5.00 credit on both gas and electric pre-payment meters. Then contact us so we can send an engineer to turn your gas on.

You should behave appropriately whilst living at the property. We expect you to take care of the property and leave it as you found it.

If you do not, a 28 day eviction notice can be issued and the locks will be changed at the end of this notice period. The Council will be informed and any housing duty assistance can be withdrawn.

No court order is required for possession

This is dependent on several factors that you have stated on your housing application and also by the number of people on the waiting list.    Unfortunately Calon are unable to tell you when you will be made a permanent offer as these decisions are made by the local authority.  For more information you should contact your case worker at your local Housing Options Centre.

You are responsibile for paying the utilities, including gas, water, electric and Council Tax and will need to register with them directly. Read more information on where to find the best energy deals here

  • You are responsible for keys and should get a spare set cut
  • If you lose your keys then call us on 029 2049 8898 and we can arrange for you to come in to collect a spare set, there is a £20 charge for  this service

We understand that your pets are important to you and you want to keep them with you in your temporary home. You need to ask our permission before having a pet in your accommodation.  Please call us on 029 2049 8898 to discuss this further or contact us here

All our properties are finished to a good decorative standard before anyone moves in. As such you are not permitted to decorate your property.

  • If there is a garden at your home you will be responsible for maintaining it, including lawns and clearing weeds etc. 
  • If you are elderly or disabled or unable to maintain the garden for any other reason please contact us to discuss further

We strongly advise that you take out contents insurance against damage to your possessions from flood, fire or theft. Calon does not take any responsibility for any damage to, or theft of, your belongings during your tenancy with us.

For a low cost provider you could contact Thistle Home Insurance

Are you a victim? We Can Help

Domestic violence and abuse is defined as:

any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. The abuse can encompass, but is not limited to psychological, physical, sexual, financial, emotional

(source: https://www.gov.uk/domestic-violence-and-abuse)

Did you know?

  • in 4 women experience domestic abuse during their lifetime
  • women are killed each week in England and Wales by a current or former partner
  • in people identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender experience domestic abuse during their lifetime (source: Women’s Aid)
  • in 6 men will be victims of domestic abuse at some stage in their lives


Remember: In an emergency please call the police (999)

Call Calon: Call us during office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday) 02920 498898

Email: direct@cadwyn.co.uk

Live Fear Free Helpline: 0808 8010 800

Email: info@livefearfreehelpline.wales

A national helpline which is available every day of the year.

Dyn Wales/Dyn Cymru: 0808 801 0321

Rainbow Bridge: 0300 3031 982 Support and information for victims of domestic abuse who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender in Cardiff and The Vale.

Forced Marriage Unit: 0207 008 0151